Wednesday, April 16, 2008

gantry done pending 12 hours @ 80deg.

The release went well from the mould, by my standards. (lucky i didnt spend too much time on the mould.) The vacuum finish is impressive, the part is actually lighter than my previous gantry and 200mm longer. and intact. yay. at this point i declare the design to be good, and the construction to be good. lets see how we feel after a couple of sails...

The ball joints on the other hand were a complete failure, i tested them with a good solid yank and they came off. will swage copper ones tomorrow. also got the rudder gudgeons on. 6 jobs to go.

No comments: